IT & Business Systems Co-ordinator
The Starn Group is a group of businesses focused on safety and on delivering economic benefit to its customers. It achieves this with a portfolio of technology-led products and services engineered to protect those working in hazardous environments across the oil, gas, energy and marine industries.
Group members work around the globe from regional hubs located in the UK, UAE, US, Australia and Malaysia as well as through various partners.
Starn wishes to add to its existing compliment of IT & Business Systems Support with the entry-level position of IT & Business Systems Co-Ordinator.
This junior level position is located at the Dundee Headquarters.
Purpose of the job
To Deliver IT Support to the Starn group businesses and help maintain and advance IT across the business in line with the current IT practices.
To play a key role in helping be the frontline day to day IT support to the businesses
To focus on continuous improvements to develop the IT environment working towards the business’s long term and short-term goals.
IT & Business Systems Lead
– Help to maintain business systems policy and development
– Ensures that information and business systems-related policies, processes and reporting procedures are developed and maintained
– Researching, advising on and specifying requirements for new, upgraded and additional information system resources – hardware, software and data related
– Co-Ordinating all Start Group IT Company’s assets.
– Ensuring the operational integrity of Starn Group businesses and information systems and data
– Day to day management and troubleshooting of all IT applications and services in partnership with service providers
– Liaising with information service providers and local support to ensure systems are protected from unauthorised access, viruses or malware.
– Maintaining business software licenses are current are fully compliant with the terms and conditions of the licences
– Procuring additional resources and services
– Help manage relationships with 3rd party vendors and services to ensure operational readiness for the businesses
– Identifying new uses for existing systems and information.
|– Investigating and evaluating the relevance of new and emerging technologies – creation of appropriate supporting and costed business case(s)
– Continually measuring and evaluating the performance of information systems resources
– Working alongside the IT management internally and the external consultants to successfully plan, install and deploy new resources, services and projects to the business
– Attending company meetings and any internal and external meetings as required
– Ensure all tasks are carried out in accordance with Company/Group policies, procedures, standards and work instructions
– Make a proactive contribution to the successful implementation and maintenance of Health, Safety & Environmental policies and processes
– Make a proactive contribution to the successful implementation and maintenance of the Quality Management System
– Any other reasonable duties assigned
– Excellent planning, organising and prioritising skills
– Must have ability to work under pressure
– Ability to link long-range visions and concepts to daily work
– Knowledge of Company profile
|– This highly autonomous role requires good working relationships with all stakeholders and with line managers.
– Decision making abilities
– Can operate on their own remotely
– Organisational skills
– The ability to work within budgets and deadlines
– Expert in IT troubleshooting and up-to-date with current IT technologies
– Strong Computer Skills and the Ability to Troubleshoot and Diagnose Problems
– Excellent organisational and management skills
– Proven ability to remain calm under pressure.
– Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
– Ability to work with colleagues, clients, customers and stakeholders at all levels of the business
– Excellent Verbal and Written communication and presentation.
Qualifications & Experience
– A minimum of 1-year Experience using business systems and IT related systems
– Minimum HND in a computer related discipline
– Diagnosing and resolving simple and complex IT issues
– Writing, Editing and revising IT Training manuals for users
– Provide a basic level of technical IT knowledge for 1- and 2-line IT support
– Knowledge on using office 365 admin centre
– Knowledge of working with Active Directory, DNS, DHCP
– Previous experience using with Managing PABX, VOIP Telephony platform
– Experience of working in a helpdesk/support environment
– Any Microsoft related qualifications is advantageous.
– Experience of working in the Oil & Gas sector
– Microsoft certified (MSCA)
– Office 365 Certification
– IT related qualification is advantageous
– Experience of working with any ERP system
– Previous knowledge of a web-based software(s)
– Azure AD knowledge
Apply by sending your curriculum vitae and covering letter quoting reference IT18042019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications is Monday 29 April 2019.
Agencies need not apply.